At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are growing our Data team to take our data modeling and automation to the next level. Our Data team supports HelloFresh Canada in delivering best-in-class data products to grow our business. We are hiring a Data Engineer to focus on designing scalable and automated data flows, using a variety of big data tools and platforms (Spark, Airflow, Databricks, etc.), and build our infrastructure and automation capabilities.
- Build data tools and services to support data scientists, business analysts, and data analysts across the organization
- Design and automate end-to-end data products and automation flows: from data ingestion for data science / analytical models, to business management applications (e.g. purchase order tracking and receiving)
- Data Transformations: Maintain and update logic for data pipelines (aggregations, selections, etc.)
- Data cleaning / enrichment: identifying and managing data issues to ensure data is clean and accessible (eg. bug fixes, backfills)
- Help design our data model for critical tools (materialized views, joins, etc.)
- Implement data product performance and issue monitoring tools
- Advocate for data quality, data governance and data product thinking
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline
- 2-4 years’ data engineering experience is required
- Proficient in Python (with knowledge of OOP) and SQL (query optimization).
- Experience with testing and general DevOps practices for data pipelines
- The ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code using best practices (e.g. git/github, secrets, configurations, yaml/json)
- Knowledge of data structures (DataFrames, RDDs, Dataclasses) and data formats (CSV, JSON, Parquet, Avro, ORC)
- Knowledge of software design patterns, and building highly scalable solutions preferred
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When We Return to The Office:
To ensure the health and safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, and local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.