Data Scientist - Commercial
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:Glovo Commercial team is looking for world-class Data Scientists to work in our Barcelona office. Are you passionate, proactive, data-driven and hands-on? Do you want to evolve in one of the fastest growing startups of Barcelona, building a product that will change people's day-to-day lives and disrupt the on-demand market?
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Develop, test and productionize predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and statistical models
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. cross validation, A/B testing)
- Contribute to one or more of the following areas: time series analysis & forecasting, A/B testing, customer analytics, personalisation & recommender design as well as operational research & optimisation
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics
- Work in cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, marketing amongst others
- Forecast the partners performance (as orders) in order to prioritize sales productivity
- Be part of 3 pillars of analysis: Lead Generation, Sales Acquisition and Growth
- Start from 0 the Data Science project inside the Commercial team (your proactivity and experience is really important for us)
- Research and development experience in industry or academia. Holds at least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in at-least one of the following areas: supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, game theory, statistical inference, bayesian statistics, causal inference, time series analysis, decision theory, mathematical optimisation
- Experience working with large data sets will be a plus
- Python and/or R experience;; can independently prototype solutions to problems
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Scala and Spark) and AWS is desirable
- Command line skills
- Strong presentation skills in communicating with experts and novices
- Fluent spoken and written English
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Job tags: AWS Big Data Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning Marketing Python R Research Scala Spark
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 25 5 0