Data Scientist - Routing
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything easily available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
The Routing team at Glovo is looking for an experienced Data Scientist with superb technical skills and a passion for tackling hard problems that have real world impact.
The cross-functional team (composed of engineers, data scientists, and data analysts) is on a mission to provide timely, accurate, and business-driven time and distance estimations around the logistics of each order, contributing to a top-class user experience for both Customers and Partners and to maximize the efficiency of our fleet.
Joining our team is a unique opportunity to be part of a hyper-growing company, work in a high traffic environment (millions of predictions each minute) and apply cutting edge technologies (such as RL, GNN, etc.) to solve current and future problems.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Develop, test and productionize predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and statistical models.
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. A/B testing).
- Contribute to one or more of the following areas: classical, censored and quantile regression models, classification models, A/B testing, MAB and reinforcement learning models.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions.
- Generate and execute on ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions.
- Collaborate with the engineering team-members to deliver high performing machine learning solutions at scale.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations amongst others
- 2+ years of strong hand-ons experience as an individual contributor in industry or academia.
- Holds at least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in one or more of the following areas: classical machine learning, deep learning, graph neural networks and reinforcement learning.
- Demonstrable experience at productizing models; from inception to deployment.
- Full proficiency on Python and SQL; can write, inspect and review code.
- Experience with production-level code.
- Experience with software development tools & processes such as git, jenkins, CI/CD & unit testing, Docker, K8s, Argo etc.
- Excellent communication, visualisation & storytelling with data skills with the ability to concisely articulate methods, observations, insights and recommendations to both a scientific and marketing audience.
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments both collaboratively and autonomously.
- Experience in start-up and/or R&D environments.
- Experience in causal inference and mathematical optimisation is a plus.
- Problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis is a plus.
- Experience working with spatial data and map systems is a plus.
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.