Data Analyst Apprenticeship
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering a passionate community of 2 million students a month from around the world.
Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Join OpenClassrooms as a Data Analyst in apprenticeship and help us shape a better world thanks to your ability to structure and transform large and complex data sets into meaningful insights.
You will develop clear and well-structured data and analytical plans and produce both high-level and in-depth analyses with appropriate and insightful trend commentary which can be the basis for tangible actions and strategic decisions.
You will report to the Data Director and work with a team of 3 data analysts and one web analyst.
You will be at the heart of OpenClassrooms, partnering across many departments inc. Sales, Marketing, Education, Student Success, Tech, to ensure data accuracy, and to enhance and automate reports. This is a unique opportunity to go beyond classic business performance data but also work on learning analytics, education research whitepapers, national and international education datasets. It is a very rewarding and challenging role to help us in our mission to make education accessible and increase our students’ chance of finding a job.
Ready for a thrilling adventure?
The overall responsibilities of the Data Analyst apprentice, are:
- Understand KPIs and stakeholders expectations
- Automate reports in Tableau about the company’s key data points and indicators
- Manipulate data with python and pandas and conduct exploratory analysis
- Build analytics tables and reports in SQL
- Work on data flows and data engineering tasks (ETL)
- Understand the global data architecture in coordination with the engineering and product teams and contribute to its setup and optimisation
- Good analytical skills
- Scientific mindset
- Good knowledge of Python and SQL
- Experienced in a data visualization tool is an advantage
- Dataiku or Airflow experience is a plus.
- Understanding of the Salesforce objects structure is a plus
- Experience on Google Analytics / Google tag manager is a plus
- Possess business and commercial acumen and the ability to explain problems and solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a track record of success
DESIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- An apprenticeship degree in Data is required
- A previous experience in a data team or a tech job is a plus
- A previous experience in education is a plus
Reports to Data Director, in the Finance Department
The journey starts with a phone interview with Burcu (HR team member) (30 minutes).
We plan face to face meetings with:
- David (Data Director) (45 min)
- Burcu (HR Team Member) (45 min)
- Two team members for culture fit interview
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references’ contact details.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
Benefits are dependent on location, but may include:
- Remote working for employees based in FR or UK
- For Paris-based office employees - Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We are an equal opportunity employer that value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎