Software Development Engineer - Alexa Machine Learning
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
The Alexa Speech team designs and develops the core speech recognition technology used by numerous Amazon products including Amazon Echo, Amazon’s mobile shopping app and various other products and services.
You'll be joining a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and machine learning scientists, that develop and deploy machine learning models to millions of echo devices worldwide. These models are used to wake up echo devices and are critical to magical experience our customers have come to expect. You'll be part of a team that designs and develops the modeling software tools and automation workflows for training and deploying world-class wakeword models. You will work closely with the top scientists in the field to learn about the latest innovations and deploy them to millions of Alexa customers worldwide.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building intelligent embedded system solutions. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering & maintaining high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
· Will work with scientists and software engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, or C++/C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Preferred Qualifications· BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Working knowledge of basic machine learning concepts
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job tags: Engineering Java Machine Learning Python Scrum
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 18 1 0