Machine Learning Intern
Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the leading digital library for kids. With tens of thousands of high-quality books, audiobooks, and videos from the world’s best publishers, every year millions of kids read, learn and explore on Epic.
To learn more about our vision to unlock the potential of every child, visit us at www.getepic.com.
About the job
Epic is seeking an ML intern to work on evaluating the state of the art in ML and AI for Text to Speech applications and integrating them with our content platform. You will work closely with our engineering team in Victoria, BC, Canada and will develop the experience of integrating ML and AI based technologies into our product.
The position will be remote due to COVID.
Who you are
- Passionate about technology, consumer internet space, and serving children and families
- Analytical, data driven
- Exceptional communication with an innate ability to build and foster relationships
- Eager to learn new things and dive into brand new problems
- Comfortable in a fast-changing, unstructured environment
What you will be doing
- Bootstrap ML and AI efforts in Victoria, BC
- Be an integral member of our Victoria Engineering and Redwood City Data teams
- Investigate the state of the art in ML and AI for Text to Speech applications
- Work closely with our engineering team in Victoria, BC, Canada on integrating Text to Speech technologies into our product
What you should have
- Prior coursework or projects in machine learning/ deep learning, natural language processing, and speech processing
- The 3Cs: Curiosity, Communication, and Collaboration
- Completed open source side projects and experience with hackathons
- A cover letter is required for this role