Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1671
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Thursday April 22nd 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Kelsi Hamilton
As ATB’s next Data Analyst you are actively involved in transforming data into useful information, information into insights, and insights into business decisions. You will synthesize data using advanced analytics, data visualizations, and dashboards to evaluate and share progress and results for the Data & AI programs. The primary focus of this role is maintaining and evolving the current reporting within the Data & AI team, ensuring the jobs are maintained, optimized and supported, and that the data flow consistently to meet expectations.
The Data Analyst is accountable to:
- Directly support the Operations Manager, completing reporting, data visualization, dashboards, and presentations to communicate insights
- Identify, analyze, interpret, and analyze data trends and patterns to develop datasets for business needs
- Support and enhance queries, integrations, and other ongoing support tasks
- Dashboard design, development, validation, and testing, ensuring compliance with data governance standards and adherence to object naming and coding standards
- Work with team members to collect data from manual data sources, maintain spreadsheets, troubleshoot issues, and improve processes
- Recognized post-secondary Information Technology university/ college/ technical school or industry certification
- 5+ years developing reports and dashboards using Business Intelligence Tools (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects, Data Studio, PowerBI).
- 3+ years writing simple to medium complexity SQL queries.
- Expertise with G Suite tools (docs, sheets, slides)
- Understanding of relational databases structures (tables and relationships) in order to source effectively from these for reports and dashboards. Understands and develops efficient queries and datasets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze, design and disseminate significant amounts of information
- Packages large, complex datasets into intuitive, easy to use dashboards, reports, and presentation decks that help decisions makers answer questions
- High attention to detail and accuracy, with a clear understanding of how to quality check reports and data pulls, due to the high visibility of the work
- Experience in developing, managing, troubleshooting and addressing issues/concerns in a timely manner to meet expectations
- Skilled in managing work intake/requirements sessions, including mapping detailed documentation of requirements and tracking progress in shared collaboration tools (JIRA, MIRO)
- Able to tell a clear business story, using data to emphasize the key points.
- Strong understanding of data visualization best practices, including chart selection, visual encodings, preattentive attributes, and experience using those principles in the development of executive dashboards.
- Seeks and sees the larger business context of their work, and identifies opportunities to add value in complex and changing environments.
- Enthusiastic about learning about and using new platform features to ensure dashboards leverage the most up to date functionality.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!