CynnovativeCynnovative's mission is to enable our customers to achieve superiority in the cyber domain. We're rewriting the laws of cyber by pushing the state of the art in machine learning and computer science.
At Cynnovative, we leverage machine learning, computer science, and software engineering to address high-impact problems in the cyber domain, specifically those which are critical to U.S. national security. We primarily extend fundamental research to invent, design, develop, and deploy prototype solutions that support persistent problems in this domain.
Data scientists and engineers at Cynnovative play a key role in our integrated, multi-disciplinary teams, providing statistical, methodological, and analytical support as well as machine learning expertise. As a data engineer, you will transform data into a useful format for analysis by our data scientists who apply methods ranging from basic statistics to state-of-the art machine learning techniques and cutting-edge research to protect people, networks, and devices from cyber threats. While Cynnovative’s research is broadly defined, you can anticipate frequent opportunities to gain domain expertise in a cyber-related field during the course of normal duties.
This is a research and development role. The ideal candidate is experienced with architecting distributed systems, creating reliable pipelines, combining data sources, and collaborating with data scientists and building the right solutions for them. Because Cynnovative interfaces with operational users and aspires to create practical solutions, the ideal candidate is similarly comfortable developing and deploying prototypes while addressing the practical issues inherent in operational scenarios, such as sparse or messy data. As a growing company, Cynnovative offers many leadership opportunities, including as principal investigators of future projects.
- Collaborating with data scientists to develop and optimize data ingest, transformation, and storage solutions that will enable machine learning on large datasets
- Developing, deploying, and maintaining data pipelines and databases
- Discovering and demonstrating technology solutions to support novel research in the cyber domain
- Designing and deploying machine learning algorithms in the course of R&D activities
- Documenting and presenting findings and technical results
Requirements (Must have)
- M.S. in a quantitative field or B.S. with 2+ years of experience
- High fluency in Python (5+ years of experience)
- Fluency in Java or C++ (3+ years of experience)
- Experience developing data ontologies, data schemas, and database designs
- Experience leveraging cloud services, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar deployment mechanisms
- Experience with Apache Airflow or Apache NiFi
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a remote team
- U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance
Desired Skills (Nice to have)
- Experience developing or deploying solutions in classified environments
- Experience with performance tuning MinIO or other Object stores
- Experience with cyber-related research
- Experience with machine learning
Cynnovative is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Cynnovative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.