San Francisco, CA
Sigma is a SaaS, next-generation business intelligence and data exploration platform that is changing the analytics landscape. Sigma offers a spreadsheet-like interface that enables all decision makers to securely analyze up to billions of rows of live data with the unlimited scale and speed of the cloud. With Sigma, everyone can quickly answer their own questions to make and visualize accurate, data-driven decisions.
At Sigma, we believe every person has unique domain expertise that they bring to the table. Our mission is to give everyone the technical abilities to leverage their expertise to drive their business decisions. This idea is fundamental to who we are and how we collaborate and treat each other. We believe we are Smarter Together and what each person brings to the table helps make us (and our company) stronger. How we do this internally is through transparency and Fearless Communication. We explain, we speak up, and we all have the opportunity to contribute to the company. With that communication, we Assume Best Intent and know what how we approach each other and our customers is with a common goal. We are Curious & Constructive in looking at how we can make our product, company, and community better. With all of these Company Values, we Aim for Greatness, we have big goals that we keep hitting and we continue to reassess how we can set those goals even higher. Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
About the Role
As the first hire in the Data Engineering team you will be on the ground floor to make sure Sigma is successful in meeting its goals. Manage our many data sources, structures and platforms creating a data arcadia that allows our business and our product to function and perform well. You will be encouraged to blog, speak, and join events to talk about the work you are doing and how other companies can follow our lead.
- Do you like puzzles? We do and we think unstructured data is one big puzzle. Put the pieces together and help us build the data picture for our company and our customers.
- People are our strongest asset and we need you to work with your team members to get them the data they need to support the business.
- Manage our cloud data warehouses from availability, performance and architecture perspective. (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, PostGres)
- Scotty, beam us up! We need you to manage the ETL process and pipelines for our data.
- There are three types of metrics; metrics, bad metrics and no metrics. Ensure we only have the first.
- You like reading about the latest technology and trying it out? Come get paid for it!
- Data is beautiful and we need you to be our Monet and paint a beautiful picture with it. You need to have a passion for structuring data and managing it.
- You are extremely service oriented and view your role as providing a service in the company that your peers consume.
- You speak three languages; English, Bad English and SQL.
- You have a working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring.
- You are experienced with at least one of the following programming languages - Python / Java / Scala.
- You have a solid understanding and working experience with batch and stream processing and applying such methodologies to meet the latency requirements for the business.
- Thou shall not pass! Be our gatekeeper around who has what access to what data.
- You want things to go just right down to the smallest detail. Your level of organization would be described as meticulous.
- They named the curiosity rover after you because you have so many questions you like getting the answers to.
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.