Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, you shouldn't have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself”.
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we're growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
As part of the Data & Analytics Team, reporting to the Head of Data Science, this role plays a critical part in building out SimpliSafe's analytics capability. As SimpliSafe has been growing significantly over the last few years, its advanced analytics needs have outgrown its current analytics capacity. We are now in the process of increasing the rigor of SimpliSafe's existing models, e.g. for customer segmentation or forecasting, but also support the business with new predictive capability around customer satisfaction, product recommendations, or situational awareness at the property we help protect. The Data Scientist II will play an integral part in building out these analytics capabilities as well as in the analysis that leads to a better customer experience and a safer home for them.
What You’ll Do
- Apply best suited modelling techniques, like deep learning, machine learning or traditional statistical modelling, to the problem at hand,
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and other Data & Analytics colleagues on the build-out of SimpliSafe's new analytics tools,
- Convey meaningful insights via effective communication of analysis outcomes,
- Provide quick-response support to function team members for modelling and analysis projects,
- Document model creation, assumptions, and future use,
- Provide training on the models you built for function and Data & Analytics team members,
- Promote the use of more advanced data science techniques throughout the business
What You’ll Need
Education and Experience:
- Experience or passion for managing junior team members required
- 3+ years of professional industry experience with a passion for and focus on implementation of data science methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with business leads & non-technical stakeholders using data-driven recommendations to influence leading business decisions
- Undergraduate degree in a field linked to data science; advanced degree or 4 years of experience is preferred
- Experience with data visualization (Tableau) and presentation tools (like PPT,Google Slides) preferred
- Core data science methods like machine & deep learning, regression
- Core concepts in statistics like summary statistics, t-tests, sampling
- SQL and relational data modelling
- Programming languages like Python, R, Scala
- Libraries and technologies commonly used in data analysis, statistics and ML such as pandas, scikit-learn, XGBoost, tensorflow, Spark
- Tools commonly used for data analysis such as Jupiter Notebooks
- Experience with data engineering development cycle (SDLC) and tools such as Git,
- Must have experience leading deployment, monitoring, and evaluation of live production models
- Data visualization tools like matplotlib or Tableau
- Advanced Analytics methods like Simulation (g. MC, dynamic, discrete event) or Optimization (e.g. linear programming, heuristic) a plus
- Computer vision and NLP a plus
- Data pipeline tools like AirFlow or Prefect a plus
- Query engines such as Athena, PrestoDB, AWS a plus
- Agile methodologies a plus
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems
- Flexible, self-motivated, and proactive out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Independently and proactively communicates issues, priorities, and objectives
- Strong collaborative skills and able to adjust approach to effectively interact with customers at all organizational and technical levels
Who We Are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
Job tags: Airflow AWS Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning Matplotlib ML NLP Pandas Python R Scala Scikit-Learn Security Spark SQL Tableau TensorFlow XGBoost
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 12 2 0