Seattle, Washington, United States
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The customer experience team works cross-functionally to help achieve Invitae’s mission. We are responsible for the full product cycle from strategy to execution, and iteration to experimentation. We are highly cross-functional, working closely with our designers, engineers, data scientists, founders, operations, and genetic counselors.
As a Data Scientist for the customer experience team at Invitae, you’ll turn data into insights and get a deep understanding of customers and patients to impact our strategy and direction. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, markets, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will directly impact the lives of patients around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business and understand how our customers use our products
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Design customer-facing experiments (A/B tests) and turn the results into actionable outcomes
- Serve as data steward of Invitae’s web events, including maintaining data quality of customer and web interactions and guiding best practices for managing web events data
- Help define product and business success metrics by collaborating with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to ensure correct data tracking instrumentation for measurement
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar data scientist role
- Data evangelist who wants to scalably distribute learnings and amplify business impact by helping the team (and company at large) make smarter decisions
- Investigate behavioral data (preferably in the domain of online interactions) to get more objective, definitive answers to questions of “why”
- Data chops: Advanced SQL skills and experience with large-scale relational databases. You also have deep knowledge of R or Python for data cleaning, statistical modeling, data analysis, and data visualization
- Solid experience with research principles, experimental design, and current best practices for mixing qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Preferred: Degree in quantitative discipline (computer science, statistics, economics, quantitative social science, etc.) or related experience
- Preferred: Experience working in healthcare and/or tech sector, ideally with domain knowledge in clinical genetics
- Preferred: Experience with common web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Preferred: Experience with a BI tool such as Tableau
- Preferred: Experience with a variety of research tools (Qualtrics, Optimizely, Google Optimize, etc.)
- Preferred: Experience with Snowflake
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly. If you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.