Data Science Intern, Summer 2021 (Remote)
San Francisco, CA, United States
The Data team internship is a great way to drive impact and contribute to the continued success of Ripple’s solutions for cross-border payments.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will work with a team of data engineers and scientists who use data to drive Ripple’s strategy and success. The entire Data team works collaboratively and is a strong partner for teams across the company. You will get to meet and learn from diverse and talented colleagues.
Data science and applied science candidates will dive in on high priority initiatives, including developing liquidity strategies for RippleNet products, defining new performance metrics for the RippleNet network, and analyzing emerging DeFi and blockchain applications.This remote internship is open globally, but you'll be expected to be working and consistently available from 9am - 5pm PST (Monday through Friday.) The internship typically lasts 12 weeks with a flexible start date in June.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or in a graduate program, preferably in a science or quantitative field
- Hands-on experience with tailoring and applying quantitative approaches to business questions, and analyzing and interpreting data
- Experience with SQL, Python or R, and data visualization tools
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts and machine learning models
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Interests in open-source, entrepreneurship, economics and financial markets, creative thinking, systems thinking, or cryptography are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Design laptop, software and headphones on loan
- Regionally competitive hourly rate
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance. Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here. #LI-DNI