Sr. Data Scientist, Expansion
San Francisco, CA, USA
Slack is hiring an experienced data scientist for our Expansion product team. The Expansion team is a cross-functional team that builds foundational product experiences to help teams become successful on Slack. Our team focuses on the critical moments within the team’s lifecycle: creating and joining workspaces, in-product education, expanding the number of users on Slack, and purchasing & billing.
In this role, you will inform and influence decisions using data and research, by crafting our learnings into narratives and partnering with key decision makers within the company. You will be a strong partner to researchers with varying backgrounds, including user researchers, market researchers, and survey scientists.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Applying various data science methods to understanding the most important aspects of our product, users, and business.
- Organizing disparate facts and findings into powerful narratives that have the broadest possible application within Slack.
- Evangelizing evidence-based decision making by partnering with key decision makers and driving general accessibility of data and insights.
What you should have
- 5+ years of professional industry experience doing quantitative analysis.
- An advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Physics) a plus.
- A consistent record of using data to drive product teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Expert in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R).
- Expert in designing and testing experiments.
- Experience with statistical and machine learning methods to build descriptive and predictive models.
- Experience working with data technologies that allow effective storage and analysis of large amounts of data (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hive, Hadoop, etc).
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.