Senior Data Scientist - Experimentation
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers. We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All. DATA We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth. PORTO Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break! THE ROLE The Experimentation team provides statistical advice, technical support and visualizations on test results to support decisions to roll-out or iterate. We know that our ability to make scientifically-informed, rapid iterations is essential to our success, and we're looking for a Senior data scientist to drive product evolution in experimentation. Reporting to the Head of Data Science, you will enable teams in using our experimentation platform through reliable user segmentation, hypothesis testing and analysis. You will be a bridge between different stakeholders (e.g. data engineering, product managers, business owners) in our experimentation platform. You will be responsible for the quality of decisions taken based on the results of the experimentation analyses, which would imply supporting experimentation design, data analysis and communication of the results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish and standardize state-of-the-art methodologies for experiment design and analysis
- Lead the research efforts in developing methods and tools which increase the rigor and efficiency of the experimentation platform.
- Work towards enhancing the design of the experimentation platform features, including quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support controlled experimentation.
- Partner with business and product areas, embedded data science teams and engineering teams to make well-informed decisions backed by experimentation data
- Support business and product areas on statistically robust experiment design
WHO YOU ARE
- MSc or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering.
- 5 years' experience in a developing and implementing statistical solutions
- Deep understanding of statistical concepts like hypothesis testing, Bayesian decision-making, etc.
- Experience with Python/R and exposure to cloud environments like GCP or AWS
- Experience in advanced data analysis
- Experience communicating with cross-functional stakeholders including product managers, data scientists, and engineers
- Direct experience in experimentation area
- Experienced in English (both written and spoken)
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Job tags: AI AWS Big Data Engineering Machine Learning Python R Research
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 13 1 0