Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Join our team as a Data Engineer
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader. We’re one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the world. To keep up, one of our top priorities is to build up our team of talented project managers. We want to do this right. Someone like you could be exactly who we need to help us get there.
As a Data Engineer in Cognite, you will join our Industry Solutions organization. We create and deliver solutions to the biggest problems challenging our industrial customers today.
Our team is made up of people from all over the world with backgrounds ranging from management consulting to industry experience, to software development. Whether it’s how we develop as individuals, how we work together as a team, how we empower our clients to make the most out of their relationship with Cognite, or how we enable Cognite to scale on pace with its rapid growth, we focus on fine-tuning ourselves every day.
Cognite is expanding fast, and our goal in 2021 is to more than double our existing customer base. To achieve this we need to expand our team of Data Engineers. We strive to build a diverse team that can leverage different strengths and backgrounds to build innovative products and nurture a great culture. So for this role we will be looking for multiple experience levels, motivation to potentially lead a team, your motivation to travel, or to work locally to enable other teams to succeed. This means that if you are a Data Engineer, we have the role for you.
As a Data Engineer at Cognite, you will be responsible for integrating the customer data into the Cognite Data Platform, helping our customers to digitize their daily operations through building data-driven solutions. You will be expected to work extensively with our customers at their offices when possible, and help them with all parts of creating valuable end-to-end solutions. This will include working with everything from ingesting data into the platform, automating workflows through scripting, applying and developing our Cognite data processing tools, and building awesome visualization solutions using Cognite data connectors, SQL, Python/Java and Rest APIs. We typically work in small, cross-functional teams on customer engagements lasting a few months at a time.
Join our team. Help us build the world's best Data Engineering team and scale Cognite into a global brand.
As a Data Engineer in Cognite, your role will be to:
- Design and develop data pipelines for transforming and contextualizing data in CDF, that meet the needs of the project teams and use cases to be solved.
- Work with architects, project managers, customers and partners to identify the necessary data sources, Drive and manage integrations, extractions, data modeling, and analysis using Cognite data connectors, SQL, Python/Java, and Rest APIs
- Work with architects, project managers, customers, and partners to identify the necessary data sources, how to extract the data, how to model the data and how to set up data pipelines
- Support customers and partners in conducting data engineering tasks with Cognite products.
- Optimize for non-functional requirements (E.g. access control, security, disaster recovery, logging, monitoring) to reach necessary service maturity for each solution
- Collaborate with our R&D and Product Management teams to turn customer needs into a prioritized pipeline of product offerings
- Serve as 3rd level support on pipelines delivered
It is a plus if you have experience with and want to help us:
- Develop tools, template pipelines, and shared infrastructure for data engineering solutions
- Develop and maintain reference architecture
- Mentor Data Engineers towards improved code quality through code reviews, solve challenging development tasks
- Introduce new technologies to continuously improve and reduce the maintenance cost of running data engineering solutions
- Maintain solutions from completed projects, including bug fixing, migrations
Most of these statements should match you:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Software engineering or similar OR relevant experience can compensate for it
- 0-15 years of experience with Data Engineering or similar roles. Experience from consulting or customer-facing roles is a plus.
- Enjoys working in cross-functional teams
- Experience delivering production-grade data pipelines using e.g. Python, SQL, Java and Rest APIs
- Have worked with data and data analytics tools e.g. PowerBI,
- Able to independently investigate and solve problems
- Can collaborate and integrate with other teams across Cognite.
- Humility to both ask for help and patiently provide it
For a more senior role in the team, we would also like to see
- DevOps mindset, and experience with Git, CI/CD, deployment environments
- Experience with distributed computing such as Kubernetes and managed cloud services such as GCP and/or Azure
- Experience in leading a team, either as project manager, tech lead or people manager
- Make a real impact in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing new software companies in the world.
- Shape your role to take advantage of your skillset and drive your growth
- Receive competitive salary and benefits such as a pension plan, private insurance, parental leave , and more
- Take extra paid time off during winter holidays in addition to your regular vacation time
- Stay connected with a paid mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection.
- Get access to extended private health services.
- Receive a subsidized lunch at the canteen, with a number of tasty food options.
- Stay fueled between meals with free snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Get in shape with a free membership to our fully-staffed gym, dedicated workout time included
- Bond with your teammates with your favorite hobby, whether it’s through our book club, game nights, team sports activities, or regular Cognite social events.
- Take advantage of free online Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2.
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re really proud to be an equal opportunity employer. What this means is that qualified applicants like you will all receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation, and promotion. We like to keep track of how we’re doing on this during the recruitment process, which is why we ask for your gender when you apply.
While answering the question will really help us make sure we give all our candidates equal consideration, it’s not mandatory, and it won’t affect how we view you as a candidate.
Application deadline: April 25th 2021