Senior Data Engineer
Mountain View, CA or REMOTE
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 8/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 250 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, Sutter Hill Ventures, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
The Senior Data Engineer is a senior member of the Business Intelligence team responsible for the successful delivery and implementation of the analytics platform to support a world-class software security platform.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Database and BI Technology solutions
- Contribute substantially in the development lifecycle including gathering and understating of requirements, data and ETL design, database and report development, and testing
- Design and build new data aggregations for ongoing data analysis and reporting
- Utilize data analysis techniques and queries to provide ad-hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements
- Provide expert advice and consultation on Menlo data structures
- Advise team members on the technical solutions for strategic problem-solving; provide training on how to use SQL for basic data needs
- Quality-check and/or enhance queries to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Work with various teams to understand business rules and interpret data
- Advise teams on hardware and software investments to support new initiatives
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of both the technical data model and the business’ strategic needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred; a high school diploma or GED plus 2 additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years or related experience required, to include 5+ years of General Software Development experience, 3+ years of BI/Analytic solutions development and 2+ years of BI/Analytic architecture experience
- 3+ years of experience with a cloud platform
- Experience designing and developing simple to complex data models
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL, as well as NoSQL solutions
- Experience working with data warehousing concepts, terminology and architecture
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience writing technical stories in JIRA/confluence /TFS
- Strong experience with Agile development methodologies
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.