Data Analyst, Marketing - 12 Month Term
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1636
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Friday April 2nd 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Jaime Parsons
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 12 month term position (April 2021 to April 2022).
As ATB’s next Data Analyst for Marketing, you will synthesize complex data using advanced analytics, data visualizations, and dashboards to evaluate and share progress and results on a given project, campaign, or marketing program. The Data Analyst will provide solutions and insights that drive overall business objectives, maximize performance of marketing efforts, build and enhance data models, and integrate with other data work/initiatives across ATB. This role reports to the Director of Strategy, Planning and Insights in the Reputation and Brand group, and will work closely with all marketing strategists, as well as with other data experts.
- Deliver against data requirements for campaign elements (pre-campaign analysis, marketing activities, post-campaign analysis) by collaborating with marketing and business stakeholders
- Work with a wide range of data (customer, ecommerce, third party marketing) and perform advanced analysis functions with multiple sources/platforms
- Develop, maintain, and automate (where possible) data sets, customer lists, reports and more, for analysis
- Synthesize/translate data using visualizations and dashboards tailored to the audience/use; identify trends and opportunities in datasets and communicate findings to stakeholders
- For ongoing marketing programs, continuously monitor and analyze datasets for key trends such as customer behaviours, adoption and usage, specific conversions, funnel metrics, channel attribution, campaign efficiency/effectiveness (ROI), etc. - to optimize and influence future initiatives
- Contribute to ATBs data migration to Google Cloud Platform by providing requirements, testing data tables and functions, and learning new technical environments and processes
- Intermediate to advanced level of SAS; plus experience with SAS EG platform
- Experience with SQL/Python language (Google Cloud Platform) an asset
- Data analytics skills including mining, cleaning, preparing data in multiple formats; to be later used with BI/visualization tools
- Some prescriptive/predictive/descriptive and diagnostic analysis experience
- Skills related to data governance, curation, cleansing, harmonizing, packaging, privacy, regulation
- Experience with some marketing data/tech platforms such as Google Analytics, Hubspot, Pardot
- Data visualization skills to deliver large amounts of information in succinct and logical interpretations; using tools such as Data Studio and/or Tableau
- Some experience with building narratives and storytelling of marketing data, dashboard development, etc.
- Ability to lead data gathering, modelling, and specialized analyses projects where required
- A quick thinker, with a balance of business savvy, curiosity and strong analytical capabilities
- Strong communication; ability to translate strategy to data/analytics requirements, and present ideas to non-technical audiences
- Strong relationship management; ability to build and maintain respectful working relationships
- Confidence in managing multiple deliverables and timelines; can prioritize competing demands
- Relevant post-secondary education and 5+ years experience with customer, ecommerce and marketing data/analytics
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!