Sr. Data Scientist
New York, NY
Vimeo’s platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, and video lovers around the globe. We take our insights seriously and encourage a culture of decisions driven by data for both product and business development. As members of the Business Intelligence team, we turn data into helpful, impactful insights for the entire organization. We are looking for a senior data scientist to support Vimeo’s Enterprise team. This person should have a strong background in statistical and machine learning and be an effective communicator with a wide variety of partners. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action and results, ideally with experience in a fast-paced, data-focused environment!
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain general mathematical and statistical frameworks to identify high fidelity data signals for Enterprise account conversion, upsell, and retention
- Develop, implement, and test models to detect trends and changes in trends to subscription, funnel, and financial metrics
- Create and maintain, in collaboration with our data engineers, high-quality aggregated data sets from unstructured raw data to efficiently address product and business questions
- Work alongside our data analysts and provide mathematical and statistical guidance to ensure modeling standard methodologies
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Master’s or PhD with 3+ years in a Data Science role or Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 5+ years in a Data Science / Data Analytics role
- Experience with
- SQL is a must
- Python is a must with the usual data science-centric libraries
- Large data sets (terabyte scale)
- Working with Engineering teams is preferred
- SaaS (specifically subscription) metrics and cohort modeling
- Bayesian inference, time series modeling, parametric and non-parametric regression, clustering and classification, hypothesis testing, A/B testing, as well as the ability to innovate around textbook statistical and machine learning methods
- Strong analytical skills, data sensibility, and an inclination to educate
- Aptitude and desire to present to business partners with varying technical backgrounds
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce tangible results
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.