Business Intelligence, Data Scientist
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts and engineers with the mission to bring the modeling and analytical capabilities of our marketing organization to the next level.
As a Data Scientist, Business Intelligence with HelloFresh, you will support the analytic needs of our Growth organization for HelloFresh US. You will play a pivotal role in helping us continue to succeed as the leading global meal kit provider. The Data Scientist, Business Intelligence will solve challenging problems using customer and business data to provide detailed and actionable insights; core responsibilities include the development and automation of Marketing BI tools, predictive modeling, professional-grade dashboarding and reporting for some of our most critical initiatives and enhancing and facilitating the information extraction process.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate a desire to improve on existing techniques and processes and have a passion for data storytelling. You should strive to drive opportunities on experimentation and predictive modeling and recommend improvements on strategies used by our marketing team across million dollars campaigns.
You will …
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data infrastructure at HelloFresh, working closely with the Data Team (analysts, data scientists, and engineers) in order to facilitate the information extraction process.
- Design and implement automated data science solutions to cover the needs of the various stakeholders in the Growth Organization (Marketing, CRM, Product etc) and Finance
- Develop and enhance our current reporting infrastructure, facilitating independent insight provision to the organization using state of the art computing and visualization tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Python, Google Analytics…).
- Work with the Data Science team to develop, test, implement and maintain predictive models to help inform the decision-making process across the Growth Organization.
- Collaborative: you can work hand in hand with stakeholders, data scientists, engineers, and other data professionals to realize the full value of data products.
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work.
- Strategic & critical thinking: you get the smaller and the bigger picture.
At a minimum, you have...
- A BS/MS in computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, or equivalent analytical experience.
- At least two 1 year of professional Data Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Business Intelligence.
- Strong SQL and experience in developing reporting on a BI platform (e.g. Tableau). Solid knowledge of Python (packages: Pandas, Numpy). Experience with data modeling & data science is a plus.
- A solid understanding of database design and ETL practices
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.