Data Engineer, Quantitative Finance
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now.
Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
A driven and resourceful person to join our Finance Analytics team as a Senior Quantitative Finance Engineer. You will combine sophisticated analytics with incisive communication to help lead financial decisions both internally and affecting our external offerings. The ideal candidate will have a deep quantitative background; be skilled at designing, running, and interpreting split tests; and have keen product instincts.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide thought leadership and effective execution to improve Carvana’s evolving data-driven lending platform.
- Solve difficult, unique problems in a fully automated e-commerce lending environment.
- Balance intellectual creativity, high quality standards, and business acumen to develop critical quantitative solutions.
- Apply expertise with analytical disciplines such as predictive modelling, statistical analysis, operations research to solve real business problems.
- Constantly explore and evaluate new technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Help drive the development of the Finance Team for a rapidly growing data-driven company.
What you should have
- Four or more years of real work experience using complex enterprise-level data to solve quantitative problems.
- Ability to translate high-level analytical vision and complex data environments into polished finished products and processes.
- BA/BS or MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering. Graduate Degree preferred.
- Proven ability to code in SQL including creating ETL pipelines and complex queries.
- Exposure to at least one statistical programming language Python, R, SAS, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience with Tableau or other BI/visualization technologies a plus.
- Individual must be flexible, with an ability to work in an independent, proactive manner, as well as a member or leader of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.