Data Analyst, Business Operations
New York, NY
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
Justworks is seeking a seasoned analyst with a passion for numbers and a demonstrated proficiency in manipulating large data sets to join the Data Analytics and Business Operations team. This analyst will report into the Senior Manager, Data Analytics and Business Operations but will work closely with CS, Marketing and Sales teams. They will report on KPI metrics, derive and share insights about operational efficiency, and advise on data collection within our systems. The ideal candidate for this position is a data expert with great communication skills and an interest in operations.
What you'll do
- Perform both regular and ad hoc analyses around key business questions that pertain to the Sales, Marketing and CS organizations.
- Help define KPIs and build dashboards to track operational efficiency
- Build and maintain reports, models, and dashboards around these key metrics to monitor and improve performance
- Translate complicated analyses into actionable insights; communicate those insights clearly to partners
- Strategize and prioritize data needs of the organization together with the other members of the team
- Provide analytical support as needed to the rest of the business operations team. Some examples include sales dashboards, marketing efficiency metrics and customer success insights.
- Auditing and cleaning existing dashboards and ensuring data quality when building net new dashboards.
Who you are
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience working with SQL and translating complex data questions into meaningful insights for non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in quantitative field preferred (eg. Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Physics, Analytics, Data Science)
- High level of written and verbal communication skills required for this position
- Strong knowledge of Excel or another tool for data manipulation
- Comfort with predictive modeling techniques a plus
- Experience building dashboards in Tableau or any other visualization tool is a plus
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.