Brooklyn, NY (Rent the Runway HQ)
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
The Data Engineering team collects a wide variety of data - structured and unstructured - which are brought together to drive key business decisions. This includes website and mobile app logs to track content displayed and user interactions, transaction tables with full audit trails, and inventory/fulfillment lifecycles. The end goal is to empower the analyst in mining key insights on the user experience across all devices and marketing channels.
About the Job:
This Data Engineer will support our data logging, processing, reporting, and visualization frameworks which unlock the power of our unique datasets across our business and product
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the full lifecycle of ownership for the data warehousing and reporting infrastructure including design, build, and maintenance.
- Support new reporting requirements while maintaining system performance and handling increasing complexity by setting standards across the stack.
- Increase the reliability and efficiency of backend systems to empower analysts, and provide an exceptional level of confidence around data quality.
- Familiarity with tools and best practices that support data warehousing and reporting at scale, and continuously seek/implement new tools to improve the infrastructure.
- Academic background in Computer Science, MIS, or other quantitative/engineering field
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience.
- Worked actively in distributed data warehousing platforms like Vertica, Aster, Redshift, Snowflake, etc. – experience in sharding, handling data-shipping.
- High proficiency in relational databases (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL stores (e.g. MongoDB); experience in merging disparate data forms.
- Experience in custom ETL development and tools including scripting languages (Python preferable).
- Extensive practice using SQL for analytics research and data cleansing.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.