Senior Data Engineer - Streaming
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Data Infrastructure Team
Our Data Infrastructure team makes up a portion of our Global Data team for SurveyMonkey. This team is responsible for building the next generation analytics platform with Apache Airflow, AWS, Kafka, and Snowflake. You will be reporting into our Data Infrastructure Engineering Manager.
- Manage data infrastructure (AWS, Airflow) ensuring high availability, and monitoring cost.
- Make recommendations for evolving cloud based data architecture.
- Lead team in the transition to stream based analytics.
- Develop infrastructure as code solutions (Terraform) for managing AWS Cloud resources.
- Develop standardized tooling to support ELT development using Python, Spark, Snowflake, and Kafka
- Document our systems for all business groups.
- Support partners, analysts, and data scientists on diverse projects.
- Mentor team members.
- 7+ years of software development experience, (we are a Python shop)
- Experience building scalable, high throughput data solutions
- Experience managing data infrastructure, (we use Airflow and AWS)
- Experience with infrastructure as code, (we use Terraform)
- Experience with data manipulation tools like Pandas and Spark
- Experience building test automation frameworks
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
- Good at taking abstract/ambiguous requirements and returning with a software implementation
- Leading complex, multi-person development efforts
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.