Chicago, iL, OR Minneapolis, MN, San Francisco, CA, OR Remote
Join Rally Health as a Data Engineer where you will partner with product managers and data consumers to meet our internal analytics and client data needs. You will use our modern data platform - which uses infrastructure and tools like Kafka, MongoDB, Postgres, Spark, Databricks, Airflow, Amazon S3, and Amazon Redshift - to meet your goals. You will oversee the entire lifecycle of data pipeline development from data discovery and design to quality and maintenance. As part of the larger Data Engineering team, you will report to an Engineering Manager. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.
- Play an important role in the discovery, design, development, and validation of big data pipelines
- Build pipelines for large-scale healthcare data in Spark
- Build datasets and data products that support population health management and positive recommendations that allow individuals to improve their health and manage their costs
- Optimize data pipelines to handle growing data volumes
- Collaborate on designs for data pipelines and data tooling that meet performance and data quality standards
- Participate in business analysis and data discovery to gather data requirements
- 3+ years experience in ETL, Data Engineering, or Business Intelligence fields with experience in data transformations
- Write and understand complex SQL queries
- Experience working in object-oriented or functional languages like Python, Scala or Java
- Experience working with databases such as Postgres, MongoDB, and MySQL
- Exposure to data modeling methodologies such as Kimball and Inman
- Experience with Airflow or another workflow orchestration framework (ex. Prefect, DAGster)
- Experience with data visualization or BI tools is a plus
- Experience with Spark is a plus
- Help with team goals including the support of live 24/7 production systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states: AZ, CA, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual. With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people by helping them take charge of their health and health care. Our culture is built on a belief in helping people live healthier lives, and we know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and when Rallyers can do their best work in a workplace where they feel a sense of belonging.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.