Senior Data Engineer, (Marketing Technology)
Novato, California, United States
Full Time Senior-level / Expert
WHO WE ARE:
The Marketing Technology team works alongside the Labels (2K, Private Division, Rockstar Games, Social Point) Marketing, Community and PR teams, managing and supporting the underlying technology stack used for Paid, Owned and Earned Marketing activity.
You’ll be apart our MarTech team as a Sr. Data Engineer, which will require you to think on your feet with a strong focus on delivery, by enabling change within a creative and rapidly changing environment.
The responsibilities include the ability to develop robust end to end data pipelines of disparate data into consistent usable data. This role requires an understanding of big data pipelines and experience getting them operating without the need for manual intervention.
WHAT YOU'LL TACKLE:
- Develop and manage stable, scalable data pipelines that cleanse, structure and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end user analyses and targeting using stream and batch processing architectures.
- Develop and improve the current data architecture, data quality, monitoring and data availability.
- Collaborate with the labels to incorporate new data sources into the growing data model.
- Develop data quality framework to ensure delivery of high-quality data and analyses to stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of enterprise wide data dictionary.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing. (Hive/Hadoop)
- 5+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS technologies stack including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, Treasure Data, Snowflake or similar solutions build around Hive/Spark etc.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in using advanced SQL queries (analytical functions), experience in writing and optimizing highly efficient SQL queries.
- Proven track record of delivering big data solutions – batch and real-time.
- Ability to design, develop and automate scalable ETL and reporting solutions that transforms data into accurate and actionable business information.
- Comfort in working with business customers to gather requirements and gain a deep understanding of varied datasets.
- Experienced in testing and monitoring data for anomalies and rectifying them.
- Knowledge of software coding practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Technologies you will work with
- Presto SQL
- Hive SQL
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the best places to work. Innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on crafting environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Enjoy Life. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.