Consultant - AI & Machine Learning copy
San Francisco, United States
causaLens is a rapidly growing business that is pioneering a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - this goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for our clients. We are currently focussed on the asset management market and our technology also has applicability across a whole range of other sectors including banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications.
As we continue to expand our business, we now require a Consultant to build on the success that we have experienced in the asset management market and help us take advantage of the massive opportunity being presented by Causal AI across other applicable industry sectors.
We need a dynamic, accomplished person with a proven track record in a similar ‘start-up to scale-up’ technology environment who is capable of contributing to the overall success of the business by identifying new sector and use case opportunities for our world-leading technology and proving the available commercial opportunity by turning them into contracted revenue. The respective commercial success in new markets (along with other lead indicators that the consultant identifies) will influence the go to market strategy of the organization and so is of key strategic importance.
The ideal candidate will relish the breadth of responsibility required to work in a smaller organization and will be solely responsible for all aspects of the business development pipeline from building new business relationships through the identification and qualification of new use case/sector opportunities (those not currently being targeted by the growing sales team in the UK and USA) to closing commercial contracts. This is an unrivaled opportunity to come in at an early stage and shape the future growth plans of a business with huge aspirations.
We are committed to diversity and to ensuring that everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer within the business.
- Develop a full understanding of the capabilities, benefits and competitive advantages of causaLens’ technology offering and how it may apply to new use cases and industry sectors by liaising with colleagues and external contacts
- Identify, prioritize and agree new target use cases and industry sectors upon which to focus business development activities, based upon direct commercial benefit, product/technical alignment, marketing/messaging alignment, market readiness and the competitive landscape
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Growth teams on the generation of high-quality leads and the definition of impactful messaging, sales collateral and other thought leadership material
- Forge new business relationships with and qualify prospective clients and influencers within target markets and actively manage sales leads through all stages of the sales process from opportunity to contract closing and implementation. OTE will be based upon the sale and implementation of full licensing agreements and proofs of concept (PoCs) across a range of new industry sectors and use cases to prove applicability of the causaLens offering in these markets
- Deliver a sophisticated consultancy sales approach that is use-case led and involves the identification and solving of pertinent client issues through analysis, the construction of client benefits case and prototyping.
- Generate, manage and prioritize a structured sales pipeline. Ensure that pipeline management and sales performance is accurately recorded to provide transparency to the rest of the business and ensure that ongoing improvements are made to enhance business performance
- Use commercial successes and other lead indicators to help influence the go to market strategy of the business. Particularly the definition, quantification and prioritization of new markets
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
- Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being, they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with successful candidates.
- Ability to communicate, adapt and work with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures, build strategic relationships with clients, co-workers and work as part a team
- Knowledge and experience of selling software and solutions across a broad and diverse range of industry sectors using a sophisticated consultancy sales approach, including the construction of complex client benefits cases and commercial proposals
- Used to selling without the support provided by a large and mature organization with an instantly recognizable brand
- Experienced in the use of structured sales methodologies and configuring/using CRM packages to provide transparency and implement changes to deliver business benefit
- Knowledge of commercial contracts in order to review and make simple drafting changes
- Very structured and organized, with the ability to influence strategic decision-making through confident, detailed analysis and constructive challenge
- Familiarity of working within fast growth technology businesses with a high proportion of engineering and academic talent
- Product Marketing and/or consultancy experience would be distinct advantages, as would a detailed understanding of (and interest in) cutting edge software technology, particularly artificial intelligence