Applied Data Science Manager - Home Services
Manager, Advanced Analytics & Insights - Home Services
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair websites generate over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Storefront Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
The Home Services team is responsible for connecting Wayfair customers with the services they need to complete their home. Each year we sell over one million services to customers ranging from furniture assembly to faucet installation to product protection plans. Our business is fast growing, and operates like a “startup” within Wayfair. As part of the team, you’ll be working in the cutting-edge of e-commerce (such as gig-economy platforms, Services as a SKU), and in true startup mentality you’ll work on a range of challenges that span functions including business, operations, strategy, and technology. Moreover, we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the leader for Home Services Analytics, your goal is to unlock insights and guide the business - everything from tactical site optimizations to broad strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience and technical capability, business strategy and stakeholder management, team management and coaching, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in Wayfair’s web data.
What You'll Do
- Define and drive the strategic analytic agenda for our Home Services customer-facing experiences to unlock insights and guide the business – everything from identifying, testing and optimizing new features to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
- Lead a team of analysts that are responsible for executing strategic testing and an advanced analytics and insights agenda.
- Proactively monitor customer behavior on our websites to identify potential issues, determine root causes and resolve.
- Work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative design, marketing and data science on your focus area.
- Work with Data Engineering leadership to define the business requirements for data infrastructure needs.
- Proactively identify areas where advanced analytical efforts can produce a strong value add and integrate them into the road map.
- Oversee the development of analytic models that drive insights into customer behavior.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization.
- Hire, manage and mentor future leaders, ensuring the team is being challenged, coached, exposed to new opportunities, and learning while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years work experience in relevant field(s).
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record; Masters degree preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of a statistical programming language such as Python, R, SAS, or SPSS.
- Proficiency with SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) and in working with large and complex SQL databases.
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of technically-savvy analysts.
- Experience with experimental design and statistical analysis to drive business decision making.
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau, PowerBI); experience with Looker a plus.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; strong written and verbal communication.
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value-add.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.