Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1617
Location: Calgary or Edmonton
Apply by: April 4, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Keith HIll
As ATB Wealth’s next Data Analyst you will be responsible for developing and maintaining reporting, visualizations and dashboards for use by business stakeholders, as well as supporting compensation processes on a monthly basis. Through the upkeep and repair of existing queries, reports, and other deliverables you will assist in providing accurate data to our partners and clients throughout the business. You will also be an active partner for our stakeholders in identifying their data needs and constructing the right data-driven solutions for the business. As we take our next steps in developing our internal data ecosystem you will also help identify opportunities to improve our existing data infrastructure and find new ways to deliver data that will help ATB Wealth have a real impact on our clients’ lives and their legacies.
Data Analyst Accountabilities:
- Collect and make sense of large amounts of unruly data through data transformation and visualization.
- Develop, maintain, and automate reporting, dashboards, and data visualizations for key stakeholders, including our advisors, senior leadership, and executives.
- Manage core queries and processes that run elements of our compensation system as well as support partners in finance in responding to team member inquiries.
- Support and correct errors within operational processes that impact data delivery.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to enhance and optimize existing reporting, models, and metrics, as well as translate complex requirements into data-driven solutions.
- Identify opportunities to expand or encourage the use of data to benefit ATB Wealth and our clients.
- Deliver an excellent experience to our internal clients and stakeholders.
What you bring to the table:
- A degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, business, or another quantitative field is required.
- Working knowledge of SQL required.
- Experience with Tableau, Google Cloud Platform, and SQL Server Reporting Services is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a related role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent fluency in business terminology and a capacity to collaborate and consult with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in an investment or financial environment is an asset.
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile environment is also a plus.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.