Senior Data Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Poshmark, Inc. seeks a Senior Data Analyst in Redwood City, CA.
Are you the type of person who feels they could solve any problem if they just had the right data? Are you curious by nature? We are seeking a strong analyst to help us better understand and manage the Poshmark business through rigorous data analysis and insights.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong business mindset for approaching problems and have basic technical skills in data extraction and manipulation. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with 3+years of experience to gain valuable knowledge and drive decisions at a high-growth, mobile commerce company.
- Provide data driven insights and actionable recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Understand and meet their analytics needs on a continual basis.
- Monitor existing metrics, analyze data, and partner with internal team members to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate business performance.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights and provide business recommendations to the leadership team in a simple, clear, and compelling manner.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, learn and apply best practices from other teams and always strive for high quality deliverables.
- Identify data quality and process improvement opportunities.
- Maintain required documentation to ensure inventory of all key findings from trends and growth opportunities.
- Identify the right metrics needed to appropriately manage our business and work with data engineering team to implement the data collection needed.
- Identify the opportunities for automated monitoring and work with engineering team to get the automation implemented.
Three (3) years of experience in:
- Database query languages, including SQL
- Performing scalable analysis using R or Python
- Experimentation techniques, including simulation or A/B testing
- Statistical analysis, including descriptive stats, correlation, regression, and confidence intervals
- Developing relevant metrics and KPIS to measure performance by product teams
- Reporting and data visualization
Master’s degree in Operations Research, Data Analytics, Integrated Marketing Communications (with marketing analytics focus), Computer Science or another closely related field of study and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or alternate occupation of Product Analyst (any level), Lead Analyst, Senior Analyst, or closely related occupation. Foreign equivalent degree accepted.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.