Core Data Analyst
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Job Description: Core Data Analyst
The Company: 6sense is a Predictive Intelligence Engine that is reimagining how B2B companies do sales and marketing. It works with big data at scale, advanced machine learning and predictive modeling to find buyers and predict what they will purchase, when and how much.
6sense helps B2B marketing and sales organizations fully understand the complex ABM buyer journey. By combining intent signals from every channel with the industry’s most advanced AI predictive capabilities, it is finally possible to predict account demand and optimize demand generation in an ABM world. Equipped with the power of AI and the 6sense Demand Platform™, marketing and sales professionals can uncover, accelerate, and capture buyer demand to drive more revenue.
The Role: An important product that Core Data handles is the Master Company Database (MCD). It is a set of company account records. This data is gathered from hundreds of different sources and a centralized in the MCD and provided via different facets of the 6sense platform do users. We receive feedback on the data both internally and externally. Our customers utilize the feedback button on the platform to flag records they think are incorrect. Internally, we run multiple projects to identify and flag incorrect records as well.
We are looking for a dedicated team member to help us control the quality by monitoring and fixing these flagged records as applicable. They will be provided with tools (an internal webpage) to go through the list of these flagged account records, research them online (the company online) and issue a fix as needed on the web page itself. Both looking for the flagged records as well as fixing them can be done from the web page. For example, a flag may come mentioning a company account named “6sense” has a domain “6sens.com”. In this case the analyst should fix the typo on “6sens.com” to “6sense.com”. Apart from domain there might be other fields to research as well. They also have to make a decision if an incorrect account data warrants deletion. Overall, they have to champion quality and have an eye for detail to ensure 6sense’s data quality as we try to provide the best possible services to our users
Business Acumen Fit (combined internship + work experience):
- 1-3 years of sales/marketing operations or data support. Preferably, 1+ years with an enterprise software or SaaS startup.
- High quality analysis and presentation skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong team player. We have cross geographic teams and are in different time zones. Need leaders who can coordinate and work with people across cultures, time zones and ethnicities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- 4-year BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
Technical Fit (combined internship + work experience):
- Willingness to learn or has current knowledge of data management for company account records
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (E.g. Pivot Tables, vLookups, Matching, Formatting, etc.)
- Experience maintaining data with SQL, Presto/Hive
- Experience with data quality tools (E.g. Data deduplication, Merging, Conversion, List loading, etc.)