Computer Vision and Machine Learning Researcher
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication. We are a fast growing and leading global information and communications technology solutions provider. With our three business units Carrier, Enterprise and Consumer, we offer network infrastructure, cloud computing solutions and devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs.
Among our customers are 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, and one third of the world’s population uses Huawei technologies. Huawei is active in more than 170 countries and has over 180,000 employees of which more than 80,000 are engaged in research and development (R&D). With us you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multinational environment with more than 150 nationalities worldwide. We seek and reward talent. At Huawei, if you are dedicated to creativity, engagement of technical risks and delivery of target-driven results, your efforts will be rewarded with outstanding career prospects.
Our newly founded team in Huawei's Zurich Research Center will play a leading role in technology innovation for CV/ML and computer graphics technologies, exploring novel multimedia and camera system concepts, and developing cutting-edge solutions for next generation intelligent devices, such as smartphones, smartwatch, IoT, etc. To consolidate the team, we are now looking for researchers with strong background in CV/ML, CG and relative fields with dedication to technology innovation.
The ideal you are currently in a senior technologist leadership position within computing vision/graphic Research and Development organization, you are a passionate technologist in the area of CV/CG technology and have a track record of delivering the next generation. You have demonstrated the ability to envision the future and have the technical leadership skills to drive concept through to product roadmap impact. You have developed a large network of technology partnerships with OEM’s and academic community in Europe.
As Computer Vision and Machine Learning Researcher, you will:
- Identify technology trends for next generation CV/ML architectures and develop innovative technologies and system concepts
- Design and develop cutting-edge CV/ML and CG technologies and related signal processing algorithms for image restoring, 3D- vision, and for utilizing novel hardware and system architectures e.g. multi-camera, sensor, etc.
- Design and develop cutting-edge artificial intelligence algorithms for various computer vision tasks of scene understanding, object detection, tracking and recognition etc
Work experience & professional profile
- In-depth understanding of multimedia signal processing, pattern recognition, scene understanding, deep learning and other fields
- Good understanding of the multimedia/camera hardware and system and have experience in developing the corresponding hardware and software
- Good understanding of large-scale 3D reconstruction and positioning technology
- Good understanding of computer vision related algorithms, familiar with the mathematical foundation of CV, deep understanding of related theories such as linear algebra and multi-view geometry
Key technical skill set:
- Experience with CG/CV and new computing architectures. Master computer vision basics, deep learning, and classic machine learning
- Ability to abstract the mathematical model of the real problem, and to solve mathematical problems
- The ability to innovate in the algorithm and system concepts is preferred
Education and soft skills:
- M.Sc.(Eng.) or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent intercultural communication and coordination skills
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s European Research Institute together with a multicultural team of leading researchers, feel free to contact us.
Driving new fundamental research and innovation to achieve breakthroughs in future computing systems is our main mission. Come and join us on our ambitious journey!