Senior Data Scientist (Machine Learning & Statistics)
Remote - United States
Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
About the team & opportunity:
As a Senior Data Scientist at Quartet, you will work on a range of projects -- from developing statistical analyses to study impact of Quartet interventions; to predicting mental health needs among populations; to building machine learning models to suggest timely and appropriate behavioral health care interventions for patients.
You will own the design and implementation of Quartet’s algorithm for identifying patients with unmet mental health needs. By leveraging knowledge of computer science, machine learning, data mining and software architecture, you’ll work to build high-quality data products (for example: an entity resolution and de-duplication library; a Machine Learning application; an optical mark recognition - OMR - computer vision application).
This will involve designing and developing effective models, features, and algorithms involving multiple datasets (i.e. user activity, Electronic Health Records, healthcare claims, etc.) while collaborating effectively within the Data Science team, as well as cross-functional groups at Quartet.
- Research and develop machine-learning and statistical models in Quartet Health’s platform to identify patients with unmet mental health needs who would benefit from Quartet’s products and services.
- Design, develop and own data pipelines for patient identification and program evaluation.
- Work with data scientists on Quartet’s evaluation team to design metrics and performance evaluations for both the patient identification algorithm and Quartet’s other core service offerings.
- Drive a data-informed process for experimenting with new products to improve patient outcomes and operational efficiency.
- Perform Machine Learning (ML) research and exploratory data analysis; develop model evaluation and online maintenance methodologies, including confidence estimation, calibration, and concept drift.
- Develop general-purpose frameworks to support machine learning applications in production.
- A Master's degree in computer science, engineering or statistics and 3+ years experience working as a data scientist.
- Formal training in statistics and computer science.
- Knowledge of mathematical fundamentals: probability theory, linear algebra and statistics.
- Strong background in Machine Learning (ML) engineering.
- Strong data transformation and extraction skills with SQL databases.
- Strong statistical programming skills in both Python and R.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, Linux command line, git for version control.
- Ability to work on projects from initial to final phase- beginning by defining a problem, developing an implementation plan, and overseeing deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to clearly communicate across disciplines and work collaboratively.
- A PhD in a technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics)
- Experience working within a healthcare technology environment
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team. Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet. Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.