Senior Data Analytics Developer
New York, NY, United States
Who We Are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated self-starter and problem solver interested in the intersection of business, technology, and current events. You are innovative and adaptable, with an ability to juggle multiple projects at one time. You have a high level of technical skill, but even more importantly have an analytical mindset and are excited to learn more about the programs and tools that make our Data Analytics team a diverse and capable component of Dataminr. You will work hand-in-hand with content experts, product managers, engineers, and other teams to solve challenging problems with your data analysis skills.
About the Role:
- Conduct data exploration and build data ingests/models utilizing APIs and other methods
- Guide the development of reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our internal products
- Effectively translate statistical findings into actionable recommendations for senior leaders on operations, product, and engineering teams.
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise, accessible way to operations, product, engineering, and data science teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 2-4 years experience in Data Analytics
- Experience in one or more object oriented programming language (Python, Java or TypeScript preferred), and ability to work on projects with minimal support
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrated experience with analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/Google Sheet)
- Experience with, or a willingness to explore business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Leveraging data to tell a story
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and process oriented
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Self-motivated with an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to convey complex results to non-technical audiences
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with AWS services (S3, ECS, Lambda)
- Experience with web scraping frameworks/technologies (Selenium, Scrapy, BeautifulSoup, HTML, CSS)
- Familiarity in machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow/Keras) or packages (scikit-learn)
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.