Senior Data Analyst, Emerging and Partner Operations
San Francisco, CA
Our Instacart Operations team is seeking an Analyst for our Emerging and Partner Operations Team.
About our Emerging and Partner Operations team: Instacart’s Emerging and Partner Operations team is responsible for in-store fulfillment of customer orders handled by Instacart’s key retail partners. As Instacart continues to complement our existing delivery offering with a customer pickup option, the Emerging and Partner Operations team will be charged with creating and executing the playbook that allows retail partner associates to fulfill orders with the high quality that our customers expect. The Emerging and Partner Operations team will play a leading role in launching new partner locations, developing best-in-class training to thousands of associates, deploying new processes, procedures, and best practices, and partnering closely with some of the largest retailers in North America to create a successful and sustainable pickup offering that customers love.
Highlights: Build the fulfillment playbook of a multi-billion dollar run rate business. Partner with North America’s top retailers to scale this offering across their entire footprint. Work cross-functionally to develop and deploy enterprise and shopper products.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will execute quantitative analysis requiring complex data structuring and retrieval and uncover and share critical business insights.
- You will build and maintain KPI dashboards to highlight key areas of opportunity and focus.
- You will conduct external benchmarking and share areas where Instacart and it’s partners can improve relative to competitors
- You will create analytical and visual tools to support account managers and their relationships with partners
- You will collaborate on critical operational projects, testing new processes and developing business cases for future productication.
- You will collect and synthesize partner feedback, identifying opportunities for account or program-wide improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, finance, operational excellence, or other quantitative and relevant field.
- Advanced capabilities in SQL, Microsoft Excel, and data visualization tools, e.g., Periscope, Tableau, etc.
- Experience translating data into insight: you can take a database of thousands of records and translate it into actionable insights.
- Strong communication skills: while you’re fluent in Excel and SQL, you can still speak the language of operations and continuous improvement to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in process improvement: you have familiarity with lean concepts: DMAIC, PDCA, etc. and are energized by always finding ways to make our processes better.
- Fluent in all forms of data: you understand how different KPIs interact with each other and can predict the cascading affects one process change may have on a set of metrics.
- Positive and energetic attitude: Even the most demanding stakeholders can’t get you down, you can keep a smile and a hard-working attitude through even the most demanding moments.