Senior Data Analyst
Who We Are
At their core, Data Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy coding but also want to balance that with their interest in the key of our business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. There are significant opportunities for new passionate team members fresh out of school or with previous professional experience.
We have several openings for talented Data Analysts across different departments at Wayfair, such as the Pricing, Profit Management, Supply Chain, Commercial etc. departments. You will join an analytical team at Wayfair and have the chance to drive business and tackle business problems, answering questions by using you strong analytical skills and mindset.
Whether you’re analyzing sales, inventory or distribution trends or developing new recommendations to tackle business problems, or constructing and optimizing SQL queries, building tables or designing dashboards to represent your findings you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and visualize the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth
- Comprehend, extract, automate processes and model information from complex data sources including sales, operations, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within the organization to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior
- Perform deep-dive analysis, including the application of advanced analytical techniques, to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems
- Collaborate with other departments to create and evaluate project ideas and drive their implementation to validate your analytics insight and scale working solutions to achieve meaningful impact
What You’ll Need
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management, Social Sciences or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record
- Numeracy & strong analytical ability
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis a plus
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc. ) and Tableau
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. aggregate functions, joins, etc.).
- Other structured programming languages (Python, R) a plus
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Solution-oriented & curious intellectual mindset and curiosity - We provide fast results, we scope projects and we are always learning
- Strong written and verbal communication with a team player, highly collaborative attitude- We communicate effectively without sugar coating, we focus on helping the team on the most value add projects
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.