Director, Business Data Analytics
The Director, Business Data Analytics is a new position to Digital Trends and has been created to support our growth and the data team. The DBDA will be an advisor to the Senior Vice President on data and business analytics, making recommendations in many areas, using data to back up suggestions on organizational change. The DBDA will create and own, together with the SVP of Data & Business Analytics, the strategy and vision of our data and analytics.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Commerce and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Inspire, lead, and grow a team of data analysts and scientists.
- Reframe our goals as machine learning tasks that bring actionable insights, accurate predictions and optimization
- Implement machine learning research with reliability and reproducibility
- Communicate results and affect to partners
- Turn models into data products, work with engineering teams, and integrate into processes throughout the company
- Apply quantitative modeling and analysis, data mining, machine learning and data storytelling in developing data products and strategies for growing our business
- Facilities a data-driven, statistical approach to problem solving, including gathering and reporting data
- Lead a team of analysts with the skills, capabilities, and passion necessary to promote and sustain a data-focused culture
- Develop quality controls and departmental standards to ensure uninterrupted daily data operations
- Develop insights, metrics and analysis to guide the decision-making process that supports our business operations
- Partner across company departments to understand requirements and design process flows and solutions.
- Work with management team to identify areas for improvement and implement new designs, processes, and workflows
- Organize small to medium size group meetings for systems design, and task implementation
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and automate ongoing reports to managers
- Develop data collection processes and other strategies that increase efficiency and data quality
- Analyze and interpret trends or patterns in data and share recommendations to management team.
- Review reports, printouts, and performance indicators to ensure the system is running according to each manager's expectations.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, retaining and scaling motivated teams.
- Deep industry knowledge of the media, advertising, Adtech, marketing and related domains. Proven familiarity with the Media and Ads ecosystem and products.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline like Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Economics. Masters or PhD a plus.
- 10 -15 years of experience in a highly analytical environments like corporate and business unit analytics, strategy and operations, marketing or other roles requiring a blend of analytical, strategic, and cross-functional work
- Strong track record of identifying key questions; defining, performing, and coordinating analyses and communicating findings concisely
- An ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional projects
- Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to various levels of management
- Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years' experience with open-source machine learning or statistical analysis tools
- Experience with building data products, either internal or consumer-facing
- 5+ years coding experience, Python preferred
- Experience in data engineering, including SQL and manipulating large unstructured and structured datasets for analysis
- 7+ years of direct leadership experience
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities including pattern detection, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Looker / BI Dashboard experience
- Google Analytics 360 GMP experience
- Database/ETL experience
What's In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and wine on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, big-screen TVs, kitchen and much more!
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. Tech for the Way You Live.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.