Engineering Manager - Machine Learning Platform
- Grow a team of talented, broadly-capable engineers to own our machine learning platform team.
- Lead your team as they plan and deliver features and platform improvements
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure we are working effectively and focusing on the right priorities
- Demonstrate and embody a strong, abiding commitment to the highest cultural standard, focusing on inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
- Participate in architecture discussions to meet the requirement to serve hundreds of machine learning models at thousands of queries per second.
- Ensure that our systems can continue to scale rapidly while addressing rapidly evolving product team needs.
- Implement scalable, low-latency, high-throughput, fault-tolerant, extensible, and easily maintainable data processing pipelines for both batch and real-time systems.
- Motivate, listen and empathize, and help engineers and data scientists to excel
- 2+ years of hands on experience managing platform/backend teams and 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and developing top engineering talent
- Experience initiating cross-functional collaboration between multiple functions (technical and non-technical)
- Strong management and project management skills for planning and executing complex projects
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related technical discipline), or related practical experience
- Experience building highly available low-latency systems using Java, Scala, C++ or other object-oriented languages.
- Experience working with large datasets and best in class data processing technologies for both stream and batch processing, such as Apache Spark, Apache Beam, MapReduce.
- Experience solving problems with production systems, and building solutions and automations to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Familiarity with practical challenges in ML systems such as feature extraction and definition, data validation, training, monitoring, and management of features and models.
- Practical knowledge of how to build end-to-end ML workflows.
- Experience with building an ML feature store for batch and real-time aggregation/serving.
- Knowledge of GCP or AWS cloud stack for web services and big data processing.
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy