Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Data Science team builds applications that make sense of the data created by Mailchimp’s millions of users. We use cutting-edge machine learning models, advanced natural language processing and image processing, to save our users time, increase their productivity and make them better marketers. We help them improve targeting and boost marketing and revenue using smart recommendations, create smarter and on-brand content, reach the right audience, and improve campaign performance with our data-driven tools.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, experienced data scientist who believes in demonstrating how data can be used to help our customers. You love new challenges, but you're skeptical of the new hotness. You’ve run analyses using various tools, but you're partial to Python. Communication and cross-validation are tools you use every day.
What you'll do here:
- Develop advanced machine learning, natural language processing and image processing models for our predictive applications as well as improve existing ones using Python’s scientific computing stack
- Create smart prescriptive systems using state-of-art recommendation algorithms
- Develop sophisticated marketing conversion optimization algorithms
- Create models to generate content (text and images) for our users
- Work to improve quality and mitigate bias in Mailchimp data systems
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 2+ years experience working on data science projects or applications
- Development experience in a scientific programming language (Python, R, Matlab, Julia)
- Understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Experience in database systems (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Google Cloud, AWS...)
- Ability to communicate methods and results of analyses
Bonus points if you have:
- An advanced degree in quantitative or technical field
- A unique background or expertise that gives you perspective into marketing
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.