Digital Data Analyst/Analytics Manager
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1542
Apply by: Friday, March 19th, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Jaime Parsons
As ATB’s next Digital Data Analyst you will be responsible to guide the direction and perform all digital data analysis relevant to Reputation & Brand (R&B). Using various platforms and technologies, the Digital Data Analyst will provide solutions and insights that drive overall business objectives, maximize performance of digital marketing efforts, build and enhance data models, and integrate with other data work/initiatives across the Customer Experience Office (CXO).
Reporting to the Director of Strategy, Planning and Insights in R&B, this role will be embed with the digital marketing team (~70%) and work closely with all marketing strategists and experts; as well as collaborate with other data scientists and analysts (~30%) within R&B and the CXO to align, integrate and streamline efforts.
Digital Data Analyst Accountabilities:
- Work closely with the Web Experience Strategist on the overall dotcom strategy, building analytics structures and measurement frameworks that align with the Everyday and Advisory client journeys
- Partner with the digital product teams on tracking and measurement techniques to align data requirements against outlined objectives (i.e. digitization, adoption and usage, funnel analysis)
- Collaborate with digital marketing experts and specialists (web, email, SEO/SEM, content) to develop, audit, and test digital programs and initiatives in ways that optimize key performance indicators (KPIs)
- In partnership with the digital product and marketing teams, and the media agency, build, maintain, and govern the analytics (and asset tagging) structures across all digital channels and properties, including atb.com, ATB Online, apps, etc.; align team members across ATB
- Benchmark performance across all online channels and advise on KPIs; regularly report on these KPIs and provide actionable recommendations for optimization
- Continuously monitor and analyze digital media, user behaviour and market trends; adoption, usage, conversion, funnel, multi-channel attribution, campaign efficiency/effectiveness (ROI), etc., to influence optimization strategies and future planning
- Translate complete data into easy-to-understand information (using visualization tools like Data Studio and Tableau); communicate insights and recommendations across various levels of the organization
- Contribute to Brand’s data migration to Google Cloud, providing requirements, testing data flows and tables, and learning new technical environments
- Deep knowledge of digital marketing channels (social, display, programmatic) and how to evaluate them; techniques to build benchmarks and objectives (*eventually attribution & predictive monetization)
- Experience and comfort analyzing ecommerce, consumer/retail and business data, in addition to digital marketing and media data
- Ability to lead data gathering, modelling, and specialized analyses projects where required
- Experience with a range of marketing platforms and analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Social Studio, Hubspot, Siteimprove, Pardot, etc.
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills with the ability to dissect, digest, and synthesize large quantities of data into relevant, summarized info
- Ability to derive insights and make recommendations for campaigns and initiatives
- Experience with visualization tools such as Data Studio and/or Tableau an asset
- A quick thinker, offering a balance of business savvy, natural curiosity and strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent collaboration, to build relationships easily and influence strategies to be more data-driven
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to translate complex and technical information to non technical audiences
- Confidence in managing multiple deliverables while prioritizing competing demands
- Relevant post-secondary education and 5+ years experience with digital marketing data/analytics
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!