Senior Data Analyst - Data Science & Analytics
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to help drive improvements to our product, operations, and strategy using data and analytical insights.
Our Data Science and Analytics team provides support across all of our products and operations by developing insights and enabling analytical and automated decision making. We build strong partnerships with key stakeholders and work on challenges such as defining, implementing, and tracking company wide metrics, and leading initiatives to improve them.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will question existing assumptions, and will set strategic frameworks to uncover and prioritize new product and business opportunities. You will study user behavior, markets, marketing strategies, and contribute to our vision for the rising number of data products we are launching. You will influence product and business leadership to drive more data-informed decisions. You will be a part of a fast-growing, collaborative, agile data team which fosters a culture of impact and performance.
- Be a strategic partner to product and business leaders and help drive the right business and product decisions; proactively identify and champion projects that solace complex problems across multiple domains
- Identify, implement, monitor, and report on team-wide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines, work with stakeholders to instrument proper tracking and define new data models
- Design and report on A/B tests using rigorous hypothesis testing methods
- Apply statistical and machine learning models (ie. Time-Series Forecasting Models, Regressions, Kmeans Clustering, Random Forest, SVM etc.) to inform improvements to our business and product
- Build data expertise, best practices and own data quality for all analytical data needs
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a wide data skill set (analytics, analytic tools, and data science)
- Proficiency in SQL and statistical programming in Python
- You understand what an 80/20 solution is and have experience working quickly, iteratively, and know how to prioritize for impact
- You have experience with applied statistics and a breadth of modeling techniques (ex: regressions, clustering, causal inference, advanced Bayesian techniques) to solve business and product problems
- You have a demonstrated ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and to communicate them to technical and non-technical folks
- You have experience leading cross-functional projects end-to-end successfully and in a timely manner
Preferred, Not Required:
- Experience with rapid product development for a consumer facing tech company, specifically domain experience in e-commerce, marketing or SaaS
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.