Senior ML Engineer - Contextualization
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader, with an eye on the future and a drive to digitalize the industrial world. We enable the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries, and we’re growing fast. We’ve won a lot of awards we’re quite proud of [link forthcoming], and we’re backed by Accel, one of the world’s leading venture capital firms. Our core software product is Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), designed to quickly contextualize OT/IT data to develop and scale company solutions. In other words, we make data do more. Our partners and clients use CDF to increase safety, improve sustainability, optimize efficiency, and drive revenue.
Our people are our strength. We recruit from around the world, and our team is quite diverse because of it: We count over 50 nationalities throughout our three global locations. We’re talented, we’re curious, and we’re fun to be around.
We’re looking for a Senior ML Engineer to join our Data Fusion Platform team. The Data Fusion Platform team is developing Cognite Data Fusion (CDF) as a robust and scalable platform for industrial data science and applications. One key aspect of CDF is contextualization, which enables users to discover data relevant to them. We use state of the art machine learning and algorithms to enrich, transform and connect data from different sources into a complete picture. We work closely with end users to iterate quickly towards better product experiences.
- Develop and maintain productionized microservices for Cognite’s contextualization product, using modern cloud technologies
- Apply new machine learning techniques to automate the enrichment and understanding of industrial data
- Help build an industrial knowledge graph, powered by machine learning
- Work closely with end users and other Cognite teams to understand which challenges to solve in the CDF product
- Help shape the culture and methodology of a rapidly growing company
- You enjoy making things happen and accepting responsibility for results.
- You don’t just write code; you take pride in building quality software.
- You care about data and making it meaningful
- You are passionate about using machine learning to solve real problems and have experience with running ML models in production
- You are fluent in one or more high-level programming languages. Experience with Python in a production setting is a plus.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, Docker and related technologies is a plus
- You have 3+ years of full-time experience as a software engineer, ML engineer, data scientist or similar
- You have a bachelor's degree or more in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience.
- You are open minded, and cooperate well with others; share knowledge, experience and information; support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Make a real impact in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing new software companies in the world.
- Receive competitive salary and benefits including a pension plan, insurance, parental benefits, and more
- Gain perks like a paid mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection.
- Get access to extended private health services and free health checks.
- Receive a subsidized lunch at the canteen, with a number of tasty food options.
- Stay fueled between meals with free snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Stay in shape with a free membership to our fully-staffed gym.
- Bond with your teammates with your favorite hobby, whether it’s through our book club, game nights, team sports activities, or regular Cognite social events.
- We’ll help to relocate you to Norway (if necessary)!
- Access to Norwegian courses
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way your application assessment