Redwood City, CA
Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the leading digital library for kids. With tens of thousands of high-quality books, audiobooks, and videos from the world’s best publishers, every year millions of kids read, learn and explore on Epic.
To learn more about our vision to unlock the potential of every child, visit us at www.getepic.com.
About the job
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering Team that delivers on key data initiatives. You will be working on developing data infrastructure and pipelines for a variety of heterogeneous data sources, including user content interaction, natural language content, impressions and click logs, for product features that use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) as well as for key business reports and analytics.
You will be part of the core engineering team whose contributions help create a better world through learning and unlock the potential of every child on the planet.
What you will be doing
- Develop scalable real time streaming and batch infrastructure for various data streams and pipelines
- Develop data observability systems to monitor data quality and data downtime
- Develop data feeds for reporting and analytic needs
- Develop automated AI and ML feature and model training pipelines for models developed by data scientists
What you should have
- Experience in one of the following programming languages - Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience working on distributed computing and stream processing involving technologies such as Kafka Streams, Spark streaming, Pub/Sub, and Google Cloud Dataflow
- Experience with at least one relational database system such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE/ECE or a related field with at least 3 years relevant industry experience or M.S./ PhD degree in CS, EE/ECE or a related field with at least 1 years of relevant industry experience in data engineering
- Curious, collaborative, and always willing to learn new things
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about data
Nice to have
- Experience with a NoSQL database like Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins for CI/CD pipelines
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Take as you need vacation
- Home office stipend
- Lifestyle allowance
- In office perks (virtual for now)
- Unlimited access to our product!