Senior Data Science Product Manager, Catalog Platform
Senior Product Manager, Catalog
Our Operations Product teams (Catalog, Sales, Service, and Enterprise) drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. These teams create new and innovative services for customers and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth.
Across all product teams we have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. We’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish vision, strategy, and product roadmap for the Catalog Data Science - Product Platform team. You will own your roadmap, measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business
- Build and lead a cross-functional team of data scientists, ML engineers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver measures of product by leveraging techniques including computer vision, natural language processing, and machine learning
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing data science products and services via integrations across the business, including marketing, search, pricing, and catalog assortment functions
- Improve your data science products and user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains through metrics that you will broadly define
- Drive the development of machine learning-centric products that generalize and scale across the full scope of our catalog. Your domain will include platform development, developing new products or product features, and integrating cutting-edge product capabilities across the full breadth of Wayfair’s catalog
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated success in working with a cross-functional team including data scientists, ML engineers, and analysts to build data science products through the entire machine learning lifecycle
- Experienced in taking highly complex or ambiguous business problems, successfully lead strategic vision setting, and identify and prioritize near-term actions
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Track record of successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of business impact and team culture
- Ability to balance the development of new product capabilities with scaling integrations across a wide range of internal Wayfair stakeholder teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.