Data Science & Marketing Analytics Intern
New York, New York
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 14 different countries across 3 continents.
If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us and become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a student who is pursuing a graduate degree in data science, computer science, or a related area of study. You must be eligible to work full-time (Monday to Friday) for a duration of 10 weeks (June 14, 2021 - August 20, 2021.) We are looking for a driven, communicative person with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Furthermore we are looking for a tech savvy person with experience using Python for machine learning.
On a daily basis, you will be working with a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts and engineers whose mission is to bring the modeling and analytical capabilities of our marketing organization to the next level. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging business problems, using vast repositories of customer data to provide detailed and actionable insights to our stakeholders in Growth Marketing, CRM and Product.
- Analyze large amounts of data and present insights to support decision science
- Maintain, debug and improve existing models
- Develop your own machine learning models using the latest techniques to improve marketing decision making
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to continuously improve our marketing strategy
- Results-oriented - You love transforming data into meaningful outcomes
- Gritty - When you encounter obstacles you find creative solutions
- Intellectually curious – You love to understand why things are the way they are, how things work, and challenge the status quo
- A team player – You favor team victories over individual success
- A structured problem solver – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are comfortable working autonomously
- A critical thinker – You use logic to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems.
- A background in computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, or equivalent analytical experience
- Strong SQL coding skills and working knowledge of Python (packages: Pandas, Numpy) or R, with the aspiration to expand your skills to other development tools
- The ability to manage a project from start to finish and deliver on time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience in developing reporting on a BI platform (e.g. Tableau) is a big plus
Duration: 10-week paid internship. You must be able to commit full-time (Monday-Friday, 9am - 6pm), and have the right to work full-time in the US for the duration of the internship.
Start date: June 14, 2021
Application Deadline: March 22, 2021