Data Analyst Intern
New York, NY
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
As a data analyst intern, you’ll work to support the reinvention of social services to create a lasting impact on communities. We are looking for someone with a passion for data to collaborate inter-departmentally with stakeholders to understand their data needs and develop key metrics to support the Unite Us mission by producing data-driven insights.
What You'll Do:
- Work inter-departmentally to identify key metrics and create a dashboard to help internal stakeholders gain up-to-date information and make data-driven decisions.
- Support internal and external stakeholders by producing compelling reports, using tools such as Tableau and SQL.
- Work closely with the Data team to support internal goals and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create compelling data-driven insights and stories by using new and existing data sources for the Unite Us Data Stories series
- This internship is available to both rising undergraduate seniors and graduate students
- Studies in a quantitative field and familiarity with coding (SQL, python, etc.) is preferred; experience with health or social care data is a plus
- Broad and deep quantitative skills, with a desire to expand on them
- Ability to uphold current processes and then identify improvements
- Project management skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is based in New York City or Remote, U.S.-based, excluding Colorado
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.