AI/NLP Developer Internship (Customer Care)
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
AI/NLP Developer Internship (Customer Care) Job Description:
The Customer Experience team is looking for a confident, creative and enthusiastic intern to join our Customer Care (CC). The AI/NLP Developer will support the vision of use for artificial intelligence and natural language processing within our contact center. This internship will foster an opportunity to gain exposure on how to deliver a stable software solution (Brie the Chatbot) and will provide experience in sentiment analysis, document summarization, machine translation, data modeling and predictive analysis. This is a virtual, paid, full-time summer internship (M-F 9am-5:30pm EST) from June - August 2021.
- Enhance Brie the Chatbot’s personality to create an engaging and enjoyable customer experience
- Contribute to shaping our conversation design process and documentation methods to support the testing and development of a state of the art conversational functionality
- Explore, create and optimize intents, utterances, entities, and other conversational signals
- Dialog engineering, testing, and training for continuous learning and improvement
- Build conversational logic flows, linguistic conditions, ML conditions and language objects to meet project requirements
- Work closely with our development team to create technical specifications for how to improve the conversational creation process
- Leverage our data platform to provide data-driven insights to internal teams
- Support Agile methodologies, balance business requirements with technical feasibility and set expectations on new projects
- Exceptional at written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a keen eye for details
- Able to prioritize workload and meet competing deadlines
- Eager to learn new platforms and technologies
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Focused on using data and customer insights to drive effective processes
- Able to succeed in an ambiguous environment where change is welcomed
- Junior - Senior in a University or College with a concentration in a STEM focused degree preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite, SQL and visualization tools required. Java, Python and Jira experience preferred.
- Prior internship experience is a plus!
- This position's essential functions demand the performance of the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Prolonged periods working at a desk and on a computer
- Reading information on a computer screen and inputting data into a computer system
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.