Machine Learning Engineer, Safety Product
San Francisco, CA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
You will Build machine learning products in the safety world to protect Twitch such as detect follow bots, reduce chat spams and eliminate violence and illegal contents.
- Develop scalable infrastructure that enables deploying machine learning models on petabytes of data
- Develop data pipelines and other modern big data processing systems
- Build distributed services to power machine learning solutions
- Design databases and make storage choices for efficient data management in machine learning scope
- Bring operation excellence to MLOps/DevOps
- Work on event data flow to evolve machine learning applications
- Partner with fellow engineering and science teams to accomplish complex projects together
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent.
- Outstanding programming skills. understand and contribute to large software systems.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud solutions
- Experience building distributed services or backend services. Understand scaling computation to thousands of machines
- Passion for machine learning
- MS equivalent in CS or related field
- 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent internship experience
- Experience with ML libraries/frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow, AWS Sagemaker
- Good understanding MLOps or DevOps concepts
- Experience working with large-scale data and orchestration tools such as Airflow, AWS Stepfunctions and Kubeflow
- Experience streaming data and event-driven systems, and know tools like Kinesis, Kafka, Flink, Spark, RabbitMQ and SQS
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.