Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist, Customer Care Job Description:
The Senior Data Scientist supports Customer Care (CC) through maintaining, interpreting, and disseminating critical data points in order to make a significant impact on both customer and employee experience. This role will also design and create artificial intelligence products in pursuit of improving the user journey. The Senior Data Scientist will solve challenging problems using large customer and business data, report critical initiatives, and create stable software solutions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and processes
- Own architecture, conversational design, development, deployment, and operations of the chatbot application in an Agile manner to increase automation and support call center KPIs (AHT, CSAT, NPS, I2B, etc.)
- Act as the primary technical resource for documenting and building integrations and scripts within chatbot solutions by generating flows, linguistic conditions, machine learning conditions, and language objects to meet requirements.
- Develop and implement new AI / Machine Learning algorithms
- Conduct root cause analysis and present insights in a fashion that simplifies the logic of the analysis to HelloFresh stakeholders
- Implement and maintain predictive models to help inform the decision-making process across the Customer Care team
- Understand, compose, and optimize complex queries against relational databases across CC for chatbot performance optimization
- Prepare and deploy quality assurance releases including regression tests and release notes
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- An excellent communicator of complex (often technical) information to various audiences
- Analytical - Strong problem-solving skills to conduct data analysis/synthesis, process mapping, gap analyses, and solution development
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and work autonomously
- Experienced in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases, and are able to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- A numbers person - you thrive in quantitative environments, help bring structure the ambiguous
- Results-oriented - You love transforming data into meaningful outcomes
- Able to demonstrate exceptional technical skills and proficiency in the use of various presentation and analytical tools necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging content/reports
- Comfortable presenting insights to different levels of HelloFresh leadership
- One who thrives in fast-paced and dynamic environments and demonstrates a methodical approach to all your work
- Master’s degree a STEM discipline required
- 5+ years of data science experience required
- Fluency in Jira, Microsoft Suite, SQL, Tableau, and Python required
- Proven experience in conversational AI as well as NLP required
- Experience in a call center environment or with CRM systems is a plus!
- Experience with Java or Power BI is highly desirable
- This position's essential functions demand the performance of the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Prolonged periods working at a desk and on a computer
- Reading information on a computer screen and inputting data into a computer system
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.