Sr Data Scientist, Payments
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 85,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
● Be a thought leader, partner with your cross-functional partners to foster a data driven payments organization.
● With a focus on Payments compliance and keeping our platform safe, anticipate and detect new fraud trends and regulatory requirements.
● Define and evaluate key metrics. Build the data foundation you need, in partnership with the data engineering team.
● Deliver actionable user-insights to build the best products and models
● Design experiments to measure the impact of new payments features
● Empower the product and engineering teams to make data-driven decisions
What you need to succeed
● 4+ years industry experience in a quantitative analysis role. Experience in Payments a strong plus
● Fluent in SQL and proficiency in analytical tools such as Python, R, etc.
● Background in statistics and experience with experimentation
● Solid understanding of product analytics
● Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow/Minerva
● Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of
varying technical levels