Hortolandia, Sao Paulo, BR
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Combines deep data and analytics skills with strong business acumen to solve IT management problems and business problems by understanding, preparing, and analysing data to predict emerging trends and provide recommendations to optimize results. Responsibilities include:
- Analyse data quality and accuracy and provide recommendations to improve its trustability.
- Work with business leaders to solve business problems by understanding, preparing, and analysing data to predict emerging trends and provide recommendations to optimize results.
- Carry out data engineering, modelling, and business analysis tasks.
- Solid scientific foundations as well as business acumen.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience with cleansing and preparing datasets for analysis
- Has expertise in applying statistics or machine learning in a problem-solving environment with large, complex datasets
- Has experience with hypothesis testing, clustering, regression & classification, social network analysis, optimization, text analysis and time series analysis.
- Has experience with R and Python or equivalent
- Has expertise in developing, validating and executing algorithms and models on large scale systems
- Has experience with convey Data Science results in layman terms
- Familiarity with SQL or similar database query language
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with data visualization applications, like RShiny, Tablaeu or Python plotting packages
- Advanced / Fluent in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in using big data tools (e.g. Hortonworks/IBM; Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Previous data science project execution and industry experience
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Big Data Consulting Engineering Finance Hadoop Kafka Machine Learning NoSQL Open Source Python R Spark SQL
Job region(s): South America
Job stats: 13 1 0